Inventory Unit Detail
Prices shown are manufacturer suggested retail price. Always contact Preferred Powersports for current pricing and availability!
2019 Polaris Industries 800 Switchback Adventure
The 800 Switchback® Adventure snowmobile is for on and off trail riders that demand the ultimate in versatility with a sled that can do it all. Easily install the Lock & Ride® Convertible Passenger Seat to ride with a passenger. The sled comes standard with the AXYS® Pro-Fit Cargo Rack and Cargo Rack Saddle Bags for hauling gear on long journeys.
- AXYS® Chassis: The AXYS® chassis features 93% new parts, including an aluminum overstructure. The chassis structure and design makes it possible to change the rider positioning, centralize vehicle mass, redesign the rear suspension, add more power, remove weight, and evolve the rider's riding experience. In short, it is the key to delivering rider-balanced control, unrivaled acceleration, and rider-centric comfort.
- Rider Balanced Control: Rider Balanced Control gives the rider: Flatter cornering without sacrificing the fun factor; More precise handling in all conditions; Better control in big bumps AND chatter bumps
- PRO-XC™ Rear Suspension: The completely redesigned geometry of the PRO-XC progressive-rate rear suspension is optimized for the best performance and Rider-Balanced Control. Through innovative Polaris engineering and construction, the suspension is both lighter and stronger, featuring: Lightweight, forged aluminum rear crank; Completely redesigned crank and pivot; Front torque arm was moved rearward to control pitch, increase travel, and improve the rail profile.
- Rider Balanced Positioning: On the AXYS® chassis, the rider is moved forward to a more balanced position. The rider's hands are moved 4.5" forward, the feet are 2" forward, the knees are 4.5" forward, and the seat is 4.5" forward. In the neutral riding position, the AXYS® platform provides bite for flatter, positive cornering. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- Active Pitch Control™: The PRO-XC™ suspension delivers Active Pitch Control™ which controls the pitch by suspension geometry and not simply by a high spring rate. This makes the sled less sensitive to adjustment while allowing optimal weight transfer.
- Lightweight: When developing the AXYS® platform, Polaris engineers minimized weight throughout the sled without compromising strength.
- 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine: Developed in conjunction with the AXYS platform, the proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine delivers class-leading acceleration. The integrated mounting position optimizes the balance of the chassis. Featuring: 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves; Electronic oil pump; Thermostat with bypass warms up to operating temperature 40% faster and improves durability; High-efficiency intake and exhaust; VForce Reeds; Lightweight crankshaft; Throttle body is lighter weight and reduces throttle effort; Grooved Piston
- Electronic Oil Pump: Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive - and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
- 3-Stage Electronically-Controlled Exhaust Valves: 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves provide improved running quality, crisper throttle response, smoother idle and improved fuel economy. The active feedback for the exhaust valve position provides more accurate fueling in transient situations. These exhaust valves also improve combustion stability, leading to improved durability and engine life.
- High-Efficiency Intake and Exhaust: Porous intake duct material and high-flow exhaust system create a better breathing engine package for more power. The silencer provides reduced sound levels while on the trail. Vforce reeds provide improved performance, throttle response and reed durability.
- VForce Reeds: Provide improved performance, throttle response, and reed durability.
- Lightweight Crankshaft: Lightweight crankshaft weighs 2.5 lbs less, delivering 25% lower inertia and quicker throttle response and spooling. This provides improved acceleration. Designed and engineered specifically for the 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine for increased durability, this same lightweight crankshaft is used in Polaris Race sleds, including during the past 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons, showing it's proven durability.
- 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine Piston: Grooved piston was designed specifically for the 800 HO Cleanfire® Engine to increase durability and engine life.
- Adventure Cargo System - Aluminum Rack, Lock & Ride® Saddlebags: Take only as much as you need. No two rides are ever the same, why should your sled be? Planning a high mileage, multi-day trip? Mount the saddlebags and bring everything you need. Only out for a day trip? Load up the accessory rack bag with the essentials.
- AXYS® Performance Seat: The AXYS Performance seat utilizes a high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. The seat is lighter without compromising comfort; Improved ergonomics and stability; Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place
- Interactive Digital Display: Exclusively from Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings; Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format; Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider's cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength; GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference; Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride using Ride Command, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface
- Left-Hand Controls: The left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights: All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry's best lighting: Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting; Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness" of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight; LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out; For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Wind Protection: The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Passenger Seat Accessories: It is easy to add a passenger with Polaris Engineered Accessories™. The AXYS® Passenger Seat and AXYS® X2 Backrest with Handholds make the Switchback Adventure ultra-versatile.
- Premium Fit & Finish: Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas; Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines; Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- Extreme Front Bumper: Lightweight, aluminum front bumper features extra protection for wherever your Adventure takes you.
- FOX QS3 - 3-Position Compression Adjuster: Our QS3 tool-free adjuster allows for simple and repeatable suspension setting changes. Its wide range of compression adjustment provides noticeable changes of ride quality and handling without the complications of counting detents. Choose a QS3 setting that gives you the most confidence, comfort, or handling characteristics with just a “flip of a switch." Rear Shock is a coil over air design that allows the rider to add air pressure to assist the coil spring when carrying a load (passenger or cargo)
- Disc Brake Type: AXYS™ Radial
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85 / TEAM® LWT
- Exhaust: Single, 3 Stage VES w/ Smart Actuator
- Fuel System: Cleanfire® Injection
- Ignition: Clean-Fire 3D
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liquid Cooled
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 795
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 85 x 70
- Front Shocks: FOX® Comp. Adj. Piggyback
- Front Suspension: AXYS® Front Suspension
- Front Track Shock: FOX® Comp. Adj.
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 9.3 / 23.6
- Rear Suspension: PRO-XC™
- Rear Track Shock: FOX® Coil-Over Air
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 13.4 / 34
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 X 137 X 1.352 COBRA
- Fuel Capacity (Litres): 12 / 45.4
- Overall Height (in./mm.): 49 / 124.5
- Overall Width (in./mm.): 47 / 119.4
- Person Capacity: 1
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 491 / 222.7
- Overall Length (in./mm.): 121 / 307.4
- 12v Outlet: Standard AC & DC
- Color / Graphics: Matte Titanium
- Electric Start: Standard
- Fuel Gauge: Electronic
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard Adjustable
- Heated Passenger Grips: Accessory
- Mirrors: Standard
- Rear Rack/Tow Hitch: Standard / Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Type: AXYS® Performance
- Security System: Option / Accessory
- Speedometer: Polaris Interactive Digital Display
- Storage System: Standard Lock & Ride®
- Tachometer: Polaris Interactive Digital Display
- Temp/Low Oil Light: High Temp/Low Oil Light
- Windshield: AXYS® Tall 20", Smoke
- Handlebar Type: One Piece Hooked
- Riser Type: 2.36" (60mm) Fixed
- Standard Warranty: 12 Months
- Extended Warranty: Up to 60 months in total coverage
- Bore x Stroke
- 85 x 70 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire® Injection
- Clean-Fire 3D
- Single, 3 Stage VES w / Smart Actuator
- Brake Type
- AXYS™ Radial
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM® LWT
- Front Suspension
- AXYS® Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 9.3 in. (23.6 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Travel
- 13.4 in. (34 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 137 x 1.352 COBRA
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 gal. (45.4 L)
- Dry Weight
- 491 lb. (222.7 kg)
- AXYS® Tall 20 in., Smoke
- Matte Titanium
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable
Prices Include All Rebates & Promotions, Color & Options Shown May be Different and are Subject to Change. Prices Exclude, Taxes, Registration, Title, Dealer Doc. Freight & Setup. See Dealer for Details. Financing Available to Qualified Buyers, Credit Cards Limited $2000